HDR pic - Need advice/editing help

So far only Bynx knows what Bynx is talking about, since Bynx is the only one that is saying that specific critique. If I dont see the problem he is talking about, I cant fix it.

I dont know what you are doing but most if not every shot you process looks like a bar of soap that was been used a few times. There is no sharpness, but rather a kind of smeary look to them. Ive mentioned this before and nothing has changed.

Maybe if you'd make a suggestion to rectify it, instead of just pointing out what's wrong with it, something would change. Criticism from people who only find fault, and fail to offer remedies, is easy to dismiss...

But in a way, he is. He is letting the OP know that he is not working on getting better, and that he really should. Meh, just my thoughts.

Repeatedly identifying a problem is no help at all. He has a problem with the sharpness of the image. Okay, maybe he could suggest to the OP ways to make it sharper.

That wasn't done, though.

Meh, just my thoughts...

So far only Bynx knows what Bynx is talking about, since Bynx is the only one that is saying that specific critique. If I dont see the problem he is talking about, I cant fix it.

Oh, come on, now. It's the used soap theory. That's a standard industry term...

:lol:

^ I guess what I mean is, I understand the term, I just dont see what HE sees, since my picture doesnt look soapy to me. It looks soft and cozy...lol...if that makes sense. That is how I like my building shots depending on the mood I am trying to create.

I might not be making sense right now, because I am messing around with photoshop, and I have been reading/watching tutorials for the past 48 hours straight ( it seems like ). After all that, I STILL feel like I dont know anything about photoshop, and my pictures I am "fixing" look worse than the originals. Where is the face banging its head against the wall smiley when I need it?!?!?

^ I guess what I mean is, I understand the term, I just dont see what HE sees, since my picture doesnt look soapy to me. It looks soft and cozy...lol...if that makes sense. That is how I like my building shots depending on the mood I am trying to create.

I might not be making sense right now, because I am messing around with photoshop, and I have been reading/watching tutorials for the past 48 hours straight ( it seems like ). After all that, I STILL feel like I dont know anything about photoshop, and my pictures I am "fixing" look worse than the originals. Where is the face banging its head against the wall smiley when I need it?!?!?

I understand exactly what you mean.

You need to understand that there are people here who will criticize your work, but offer nothing in the way of suggestions to fix what they see as a problem. You've simply encountered one of those people...

Its hard to try to fix something that was created when I dont know what it is you did. Please post or send me the files and let me have a look at them. Im willing to help you whereas the other guy will only criticize anything I say without being able to help you himself. Take your pick.

Since it seems Im the only one to see the problem let me work on your files and post it here. If you cant see any difference then its just me and my weary eyes.

I took a stab at it with a differnt type of look, with a little straightening and sharpening.

View attachment 20588

Excellent straightening... still not sure how you folks do that, but yeah, wayyyy too much tonemapping for my taste. Plus, haloing near the clouds.

I know its probably just me again, but the 3 images dont fit when I tried to make an HDR image. If the images dont fit then the dark lines wont line up and will look smeary. Coincidence? I think not.

^ It lined up for me in photomatix just fine, and lined up for the 2 or 3 other people that made their own edits....so.... I dont know.

I will keep shooting, and see if we can figure it out.

When I put them through photomatix the columns on the left were out by at least 1/16". So there is some odd stretching going in with your files.

Most reactions

Back