HDR portraits?

If those are HDR and not the result of image processing just import the RAW as 3 (or more) different exposure settings and then save each import as a unique 16bit image. Then do the HDR thing with those.

It's just tone-mapping a single photo, which is the foundation of HDR compositing.

Similar effects can be achieved with PS plug-in LucisArt

I changed the photos you had embedded into your post into links only, Maxrale, since it is forum policy to only ever put one's own work onto display but never that of someone else. Links to photos that are being used as examples are absolutely ok, though!

Lucisart is not a substitute for tonemapping. Lucisart is a bastard child of tonemapping.

I love bastard children. Usually means less work for the same effect.

Hey, I've been looking for that plugin (Lucisart) for CS3. Anybody know where to find it?

the second image looks like a veerson of dragan effect

I've seen a similar effect created straight out of Camera RAW starting with taking the fill light slider all the way up and then playing with the brightness contrast, exposure, and blackpoint.

I've seen a similar effect created straight out of Camera RAW starting with taking the fill light slider all the way up and then playing with the brightness contrast, exposure, and blackpoint.

I just gave that a try. Here is the result as compared to how I originally edited it.

Original...
IMG_3460.jpg

Edited Garbz way...
IMG_3460-1.jpg

This was done in lightroom with fill light sliders and black point contrast .........

2427409957_1139072c23.jpg

Most reactions

Back