HDR software ?

yoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi all i just want to ask about the softwares that can make an HDR photo. well Photomatix is the one that ive been using since i know HDR
im just curious if there is another good software to make HDR photos ? or maybe better than Photomatix ? what would you guys recommend ?

I've switched from Photomatix to Oloneo PhotoEngine. I find it to be faster, better with Raw files and more versatile. It is now available for sale after being in beta test.

Best,
Helen

I've switched from Photomatix to Oloneo PhotoEngine. I find it to be faster, better with Raw files and more versatile. It is now available for sale after being in beta test.

Best,
Helen

wow just saw the review from youtube about Oloneo PhotoEngine YouTube - ‪ModifiedPhoto's review and tutorial of Oloneo PhotoEngine HDR software‬‏
it looks great ! i will consider to buy that one, thanks for the answer thou ;)

anyone with different suggestion ?

Hey yoman, i'm new to photography and i've been shooting some pictures to make HDR.
I'm currently testing them out, which are Photomatix and Nik Software HDR Efex Pro (15 day trial) and I have to say that i'm more pleased with Nik.
It's easy to use, you can use control points to edit parts of the picture, do a fake HDR with only one picture and there are many presets to see which kind of HDR you want.
Unfortunately, I computer is not so good so it can take times to process the picture but still, the results are better with nik than photomatix in my opinion.
I made a HDR picture not so long ago here with Nik.

I was about to say Photomatix was the best, but I didn't know about the one that Helen mentioned. So Photomatix is the best - pending ;)

Hey yoman, i'm new to photography and i've been shooting some pictures to make HDR.
I'm currently testing them out, which are Photomatix and Nik Software HDR Efex Pro (15 day trial) and I have to say that i'm more pleased with Nik.
It's easy to use, you can use control points to edit parts of the picture, do a fake HDR with only one picture and there are many presets to see which kind of HDR you want.
Unfortunately, I computer is not so good so it can take times to process the picture but still, the results are better with nik than photomatix in my opinion.
I made a HDR picture not so long ago here with Nik.

yeah ive been using some of nik softwares such as sharpener pro, color pro and those are really great but i havent tried for the HDR one, i'll give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion :D

I was about to say Photomatix was the best, but I didn't know about the one that Helen mentioned. So Photomatix is the best - pending ;)

haha yeah so far i do agree with you !

I received an email this morning about a Nik sale, They are offering HDR Pro and Viveza for $99. I don't know the ending date as I just deleted the message as I already own the products.

oops, my mistake, it isn't for both, one or the other and the sale ends on the 15th. Sorry I was so careless with the information. Because I have the software I barely glanced at the email

i checked my deleted files

Last edited:
Qtpfsgui works really well and is free (no watermark). It has since changed its name to LuminanceHDR but for me the older Qtpfsgui has been more stable if you can find the download.

I received an email this morning about a Nik sale, They are offering HDR Pro and Viveza for $99. I don't know the ending date as I just deleted the message as I already own the products.

woohoo finally bought it yesterday, thanks for the discount information ;)

Qtpfsgui works really well and is free (no watermark). It has since changed its name to LuminanceHDR but for me the older Qtpfsgui has been more stable if you can find the download.

downloading now ! thanks for the suggestion ;)

Most reactions

Back