HDR Tool in Photoshop

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been trying to use the HDR tool in photoshop and I am using one picture, then brightening it and saving it and then saving another copy dark, with 3 in total, normal, bright, dark. I tried it using the brightness tool and did it all the way bright on one and all the way dark n the other. That didn't work so I tried different amounts and no matter what I do, even if I make one almost completely black it comes out really bright. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. How do you guys do it? Or does the HDR tool in photoshop just suck?

Thanks

Hey whats up tyler again haha. To make it easy, PS is smart and is wise to this. It normally doesn't come out well if you use one picture.

For the best effect, you take three separate pictures. 1 at the right exposure and the other two, 2 stops above and below correct exposure and then do it.

I have heard that Photomatix is good, although I have yet to try. It requires you to purchase it and I'm happy with PS so I'm good.

Hey whats up tyler again haha. To make it easy, PS is smart and is wise to this. It normally doesn't come out well if you use one picture.

For the best effect, you take three separate pictures. 1 at the right exposure and the other two, 2 stops above and below correct exposure and then do it.

I have heard that Photomatix is good, although I have yet to try. It requires you to purchase it and I'm happy with PS so I'm good.

Hey, nmu? lol. ya I think I'll try taking three pictures next time, Just need a tripod. I really need one, I am finding more and more that tripods are a must!

I tried this too and noticed no difference int he picture. I didn't just make the photo lighter and darker though. If you have ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) you should increase and decrease the exposure. You can purchase or use the free trial of Photomatix, which is a HDR conversion tool.

Most reactions

Back