df83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi

this is one of my first hdr photos

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/df83/bridge.png

i have a problem concerning the sky/clouds - when you are looking at the clouds in the upper left corner you see parts which are quite bright (beige). the rest of the sky is fine (for me). how can I get rid of this?
I noticed in other images that I get strange patterns (always in the sky) which follow circles. Is this due to incident light? what can I do there?

cheers

david

Sorry I can't help you on your HDR issue, surely someone here will be able to... but wow that is the most precisely centered horizon I have ever seen, and in this case it almost kills the shot for me.

Since you are posting only a link the pic should be larger so we can see the image properly. When I look at an image I just look with my eye and dont dissect it according to someone elses sets of rules. I think the composition is just fine because your sky and what falls below the horizon are both of equal importance. As for the color problems with the sky, as I said, the pic needs to be larger to comment better.

You link shows a square with a question mark in it.

As for the beige tint in the clouds, try some sort of Selection tool in your editing software and adjusting the tint / color.

sorry, was a tif and apparently can't be recognized. i uploaded jpgs (added two other hdrs where you can see a similar effect). always in the sky you see circular shaped glow (from the dawning sun, once in the center and once to the left). do I have to live with that?

Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life

cheers
david

Those kind of artifacts result when there is too great an EV range between images. I don't know what your spacing was, but the general recommendation is not to use spacing greater than 2EV.

thanks SlickSalmon. I used 3 images, -2EV, 0 and +2EV. But it might be a bit too much for this scene?!
I'll try to change exposure in the under/overexposed images and redo the HDR merging, thanks for the hint.

It looks a bit flat and dull. Is this any better? What a great place to shoot. It looks like it would make a great panorama.

2v9b337.jpg

I sometimes get that issue when taking pics of moving objects. I have some of running water that turned purple around the edges of some and ghosting images on others. Try shooting more ev settings to see if it goes away

hey Bynx, yes I would say it looks a bit better - what have you changed? location is in the snake river plane before you drive up to yellowstone.. as I am from Switzerland I won't be there frequently :)

Most reactions

Back