HDR'ed boat

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't comment much on the HDR process, because I myself, am not an expert in that. The scene probably had enough light and doesn't benefit much from HDR processing.
I do notice a lot of dock, though, taking away from the focus on the boat.

Would you happen to know why the image is so noisy? I shot in raw at iso 200... not sure what why all the noise.

Would you happen to know why the image is so noisy? I shot in raw at iso 200... not sure what why all the noise.

Are you talking about the green paint in the boat? It could be he reflections from the rippling water. I don't see a lot of noise elsewhere in the photo.
Was this multiple images merged to one? Or was HDR simulated by post processing?

Are you talking about the green paint in the boat? It could be he reflections from the rippling water. I don't see a lot of noise elsewhere in the photo.
Was this multiple images merged to one? Or was HDR simulated by post processing?

It's not reflections it's not only in the green it's in the blue boat in the read and in the sky. It's from over processing.

The noise is especially noticeable on the green on the boat. I shot +1/0/-1 exposure in raw, imported in Photomatix, then immediately the boat looks noisy.

I generally denoise my images before I combine them. But the spotty stuff on the hull doesn't look exactly like noise. I thought perhaps water reflections. Any way, it doesn't take much away from the image.

You might try doing it again with something like Neat Image (you can get a trial version) and see if it helps.

Your Image is gone :madass::taped sh::taped sh::taped sh::taped sh::taped sh::taped sh:

The more I looked at it the less I liked it. There was too much noise, so I took it down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back