Headless in Mexico

If you want to get ahead, get a hat!

As long as we're talking headless...
headless.jpg

Okay @CherylL you made me look. LOL Nice catch.

I like a good joke but "Headless In Mexico'??? The title brought the picture down two F-stops to darken it.

I like a good joke but "Headless In Mexico'??? The title brought the picture down two F-stops to darken it.

I get the dark humor it implies. My thinking was how can you sell a hat with no head. We travel often to the area and have made many friends. I fully understand the situations many face in the region.

What would be your title suggestion?

I really like the image, it's fun! I would crop it, myself.
How about "The eternally unsatisfied hat collector"? But I think Fred nailed the caption.
:)

I didn't take it literally, I was thinking along the lines of a story like the headless horseman or something. Criminal activity is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of a vacation in Mexico, that comes to mind watching the news when whatever happened was in a neighborhood where I used to do home visits! I guess people have their own perspectives. Maybe title the thread 'headless hat vendor' like you did the photo to avoid misinterpretations?

Good catch seeing this one.

I didn't take it literally, I was thinking along the lines of a story like the headless horseman or something. Criminal activity is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of a vacation in Mexico, that comes to mind watching the news when whatever happened was in a neighborhood where I used to do home visits! I guess people have their own perspectives. Maybe title the thread 'headless hat vendor' like you did the photo to avoid misinterpretations?

Good catch seeing this one.

Safety is relative. I am cautious when we travel. I'm on a number of ex-pat FB pages and has good tips. We travel off property most visits. When I plan an excursion I do plenty of homework whether we go alone or with a private guide friend. A few months before a ferry dock explosion, we were on that dock different ferry. Really hits your sense of security. No matter where you travel out of the country or to a different city/state it is good to read up on the local news. Here in St. Louis there have been shootouts on the interstate during the day!

I tried to edit the title and can't. Can one of the mods please change the title to "Headless hat vendor" ? Thanks

I would've played off the irony and titled it, "Headless Hat-man." After more thought your title isn't that bad. Maybe it was the mood I was in earlier and it caught me off guard. It made me think of a video I'd seen of some guy actually getting beheaded and it sickened me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back