*Heavy Breathing*

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just ordered the Canon 24-70 f/2.8L mk II! I've been shooting a lot of portraits lately, and with weddings scheduled starting next month I decided the lens would be a worthwhile business expense. Plus, it will be the first piece of gear I've bought that has been entirely paid for with money from prior shoots, which I think is pretty rad.

I'll review it at some point, after I finish slobbering all over it :p

Happy shooting!

Nice! The best part? Photography paid for it!

Jake

A great piece of gear for all types of event work! It should provide you many years of service, which makes it a smart investment in your future.

I love that lens! Still find I reach for it more than the 16-35L f/4 in a lot of landscape situations. The color and sharpness are just killer! Was a shame they didn't work IS into it somehow.

I love that lens! Still find I reach for it more than the 16-35L f/4 in a lot of landscape situations. The color and sharpness are just killer! Was a shame they didn't work IS into it somehow.

I thought that was the purpose of the shoulder surgery. To get a bionic arm that you don't need IS. lol

By the title... I thought you were going to refer to "lens breathing".

I still shoot with the original version of that lens, but the "II" got a major optical upgrade and is much sharper ... especially in the middle. Also it can hold onto that optical performance all the way through the focal range.

Just make sure you bring a towel on shoots. It turns out the optical quality is degraded when there's drool running down the front of the lens.

It has arrived! I haven't yet shot it, but I'm taking it out for a test run today.

Favorite thing so far is just how beefy the lens is. I expected a much smaller barrel, but man 82mm adds some serious girth to the 6D's front end. Most folks haven't been crazy about the option to lock at 24mm, but I'm loving that I can just lock the lens up and pretend I'm shooting a 24mm 2.8 prime.

I still think I'll carry the 17-40 f/4L for landscapes. I'm not so willing to dowse the 24-70 in salt water just yet. The 17-40 on the other hand is a seasoned pro at getting baths at the beach.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back