Heavy Equipment

Montana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A shot I took of a nearby roadgrader. I am stuck out on an oilwell for days at a time, and run out of subjects to shoot. What do you folks think? What could have made it better?

exif~ f/5.6 @ 1/20 second ISO 100 Canon 40D w/ Sigma 17-70mm shot at 17mm. Circular polarizer about 90° from the sun shooting angle.

Thanks for any comments &/or Critiques.

Derrick

GraderIIsmallcopy.jpg

Good use of wide angle and CP -- I like it.

Thanks Ian, like I said...running out of subjects. Everytime i take a photo of the roughnecks at work, I get lots of middlefingers and crude gestures. LOL Other than that, I have the sunrise, sunset, and the oil rig itself. not much else around here.

Derrick

Thanks Ian, like I said...running out of subjects. Everytime i take a photo of the roughnecks at work, I get lots of middlefingers and crude gestures. LOL Other than that, I have the sunrise, sunset, and the oil rig itself. not much else around here.

Derrick

Well, you could do a study in middle fingers and crude gestures -- don't think we've had a thread like that here before :)

With that macro stuff you have, I would think there would be a bug or two in the dirt who would cooperate.

As I said this one is great -- I'm partial to wide angle work. Lighting is spot-on too.

Great image.

You know, we should recommend that a thread on heavy equipment be started. I was thinking about that today with all our roads here in Albuquerque being torn up and redone.

Or a thread on middle fingers. :lol:

I like the idea of having new threads on both subjects!!

Great picture. Gives you an idea of how big it really is. Excellant angle choice.
Oil rigs are neat all lit up at night. I tried it once but was too far away. We had to sneak around back. I figured we could get in trouble for being there... safety reasons and all.

neea

It looks nice. Can't think of anything you could have done to make it better short of washing the machine. :) Gosh, I miss my wide angles now.

Most reactions

Back