What's new

Heavy Industry Photography II

mamiya2000

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
krivoy1706gg.jpg


Casting house of blast furnace no. 9 at Krivorizhstal, Ukraine.
The mill in Kryvyi Rih (Russ. Krivoy Rog) was built in 1931 and used to be the second largest steel plant in the Soviet Union.
Further images of this site on Stahlseite or at my Blog.
 
Very interesting image. Nice shot of an industrial setting. I din't realize how big it was until I saw the guy working by the flame in front of the unit. This thing looks to be at least 60 metres high, maybe even higher. What is it used to manufacture - castings I know, but what type?

WesternGuy
 
Wow! I didn't even noticed the guy in the picture!

There are also other pictures on your blog that are pretty impressive...
 
Wow!
And, indeed, it took me QUITE a while to see the man in the photo, actually I had to read Sale's comment on the person first to then go look for him again, and it still took me a while...!
I think I've been to your blog before and mentioned how impressive your photos there are?
 
I am a sucker for industrial shot. Well done.

I like this shot better IMO.
http://www.stahlseite.de/krivoy1767g.jpg

p.s. you're a man after my own heart with all the industrial steel photography!
 
I've just nominated this for POTM.
 
Stunning....seems like Sci-fi
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom