What's new

Heeler anticipating the next catch

melrose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
8
Location
Matatiele
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$walk 060.webp$walk 036_edited-1.webp
 
Nicely captured! So you have heelers there? wow :)

I didn't realize they were overseas. Use them for hearding cattle? I am assuming they are descended from Australian cattle dogs (what we call heelers here). Your dog looks similar to what we have here, but not quite the same.
 
Thanks, yes we have heelers (we call them Australian cattle dogs). They are wonderful working dogs. They are popular amoung the farmers in our area. This particular dog is slightly different looking. The common ones here is the blue heeler although we have the odd red heeler too.
 
Nicely captured! So you have heelers there? wow :)

I didn't realize they were overseas. Use them for hearding cattle? I am assuming they are descended from Australian cattle dogs (what we call heelers here). Your dog looks similar to what we have here, but not quite the same.

We have them here in the States as well.
 
Nice dog.
Some motion unsharpness I think; (you are shooting at 1/200 but with an effective focal length of 300), you could up the ISO and lower the f stop a bit and absolutely freeze that moment.
A bit bright for the most impact, imo.

ujk1.jpg
 
Very cool breed and one of the most common dogs here. Might interest you to know that early on they had alot of dingo bred into them, our 'native' dog. You have a little bit of dingo there haha.
 
Yes, I believe they have dingo in them. Every now and then, when my dog behaves strangely, I say that the dingo in him is coming out!
 
Nice dog.
Some motion unsharpness I think; (you are shooting at 1/200 but with an effective focal length of 300), you could up the ISO and lower the f stop a bit and absolutely freeze that moment.
A bit bright for the most impact, imo.

ujk1.jpg
Thanks for that comment. I will definitely try those tips next time. I take the dogs for a walk to that watering hole often and will put into practice your advice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom