What's new

Helicopter dumping water on fire. c&c

Jimmy The Bat

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a photo of I took today of a helicopter dumping water on a forrest fire where I live. I was pretty far away from it, its on the other side of a river. c&c is appreciated.

d90
f/11
1/400
iso 200
135mm focal length
18-200mm lens



Tekoamntfire4-12-10019.jpg
 
I like it maybe find a way to put more focus on the helicopter?
 
I just watched Apocalypse Now so all I see is a scene from the movie. Photoshop the water to flames and paste a machine gun onto the chopper...

Seriously though that's a cool picture. You must have been pretty close if that's 135mm river or not. I only wish I could see some fire, in a curiosity kind of way mostly.
 
^ Haha, see isn't that more dramatic?

I was kinda joking in the first post but that looks pretty good to me. It's got some weird color noise goin on, especially in the sky/smoke on the left.
I can tell it's a different picture but how much did you process this?
 
Neat shot. My son got a fire/rescue helicopter Lego for his birthday, I'll have to show this to him :)
 
Just became my favorite thread..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom