hello all....finally took the digital plunge..some questions

roadrunner2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
been involved in photography for 25 yrs....finally shelved my f3hp and recently purchased a canon xsi..im very impressed with the camera and after a weeks worth of reading the manual and shooting i am impressed. i think the white balance is a fantastic feature on these dslr cameras. i have a question involving purchasing a good photo printer. i almost purchased an epson artisan 800 but i noticed some really nasty reviews with regards to paperjamming and a flimsy paper tray. my wife is a teacher and she makes copies alot so i would like to find one that copies as well. i really want a decent quality printer to make 8x10's...my darkroom days r pretty much over.
thanks in advance for any info you can provide
jim

Well the main problem with what you want, is the really good photo printers are dedicated photo printers. They do nothing else. That artisan 800 had all good reviews with what I read on bhphoto.com. Paper jamming a lot of times has to do with user error. I'd say go for it, epson makes a GREAT printer, and their paper is top notch too. Just be aware photo printers use lots of ink.

yea..i read those reviews too. the epson800 seems to be topnotch. i ran across 2 really nasty video reviews on it . i ran down to the local staples store and got ahold of one. the paper trays do seem really flimsy. right now im going back and forth on the 800 or a canon pixima. i think it will depend on the price of ink and paper availability. not sure if canon offers paper at the local staples.

I have to agree with photogincollege. The best photo printer is a going to be a dedicated printer. For general all around printing I have an HP 7550. Excellent document printer that does a nice job on photos in a pinch, especially with 4X6.

My dedicated photo printer is the Epson R2880. It is an outstanding photo printer. The only drawback to the 2880 is the cartridge size. They are a bit smallish if you are doing a lot of printing. If that is the case then the Epson 3600 would be a better printer as the cartridges are both considerably larger and more expensive as is the printer.

I love the 2880, it prints absolutely outstanding photos. Do you know gryphon, does it have the bulk ink well option or is that only on the higher ups?

I love the 2880, it prints absolutely outstanding photos. Do you know gryphon, does it have the bulk ink well option or is that only on the higher ups?

There are companies that make a bulk tank system for the 2880. I print only for myself and have not had the need of a bulk tank at this point. Sorry I don't have the links to what I found as I was just looking around at the time but a quick google search should produce what you are looking for. Seems that the ones that truly looked usefull were in the $200.00 range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back