Hello All - New here... cc please

David84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey All,

Been completely content with my XTi for the past two years until a few months ago. Been lurking around and reading a lot.... wish I could eventually turn my hobby into a career - but that is not going to happen anytime soon. It is my passion though - so any CC is welcome.

www.davidasanchez.com : photos : Favorites

Chat with you all soon!

-David

Forgot to mention . . . now looking into getting a 5d Mark II with better glass in the hopefully near future.... :)

You're not going to get any C&C if you don't post them directly. Here's a guide http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hotos-flickr-photobucket-pictorial-guide.html

Fair Enough....

3636575714_2322cfa0c9_b.jpg

3636462466_95f13324bc_b.jpg

3635627983_5d27c07866_b.jpg
3635624825_84c4cea911_b.jpg
3636521488_d750bac2f2_b.jpg

Keeping the number of images you post down also helps to get C&C. I usually only post 1 per thread with multiple threads if I want to post more than just 1.

You're images are nice enough to NOT be in the beginners forum. You clearly understand composition and how to get your gear to do your bidding at least some of the time and I suspect most of the time.

Thanks for the bit of feedback! None of these images had any post-processing work (I'm 99% sure I uploaded all the originals). Can anyone give advice on what I would want to do to any or all of these images after the fact??

Thanks,

David

to many to go into much detail, maybe pic the ones you like most and go from there. What I can see in all the pics is that you need to work on your focus.

Thanks for the bit of feedback! None of these images had any post-processing work (I'm 99% sure I uploaded all the originals). Can anyone give advice on what I would want to do to any or all of these images after the fact??

Thanks,

David

Anyone else?? Post-processing??

Thanks!

-David

Ha, I think your thread title is a little misleading! Don't look like newb pictures to me! I love the first and last pictures. I like the sunset picture too but think you could process it more for a little more umpf.

Post-processing indeed. It's the one thing I see that every photo could probably use.

For all of the above, the colours look a little desaturated and not as vibrant. Bump up the vibrance in PS or LR to get them to pop more, particularly 2 and 3. You could also bump up the luminance of the colour channels that the main subject is made-up of, so to speak, in those photos since they're pretty solid in colour. For example, bumping up saturation in the second photo in the yellows, and then luminance on the same a bit.

Post-processing indeed. It's the one thing I see that every photo could probably use.

For all of the above, the colours look a little desaturated and not as vibrant. Bump up the vibrance in PS or LR to get them to pop more, particularly 2 and 3. You could also bump up the luminance of the colour channels that the main subject is made-up of, so to speak, in those photos since they're pretty solid in colour. For example, bumping up saturation in the second photo in the yellows, and then luminance on the same a bit.

That's what I was looking for, I appreciate your help! I have lightly used LR and photoshop (a while ago). I don't own either at the moment, but will look into getting them.

Thanks again for the more specific feedback! Much appreciated!

-David

No problem. I highly suggest LR. It'll really speed-up your workflow; PS is nice to have together with it to do the heavy lifting and retouching when you need it (it's much harder to say, retouch a very blemished face—caused by lens distortion and dust...of course—in LR than in PS; the heal brush is a godsend in such a case).

Most reactions

Back