Hello everyone! Novice here!

CreationsByCray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! My name is Christopher, but most people call me C-Ray. That was my nickname in high school, and it has stuck with me ever since (I'm 30 years old. Do the math. LOL). I live in TN in a small town that I'm pretty sure you have to Google it to know where it is.

After a lot of thinking for what seems like months, I've decided that I'm interested in pursuing a career in freelance sports and fitness photography, but it would be for my local area. I don't see myself traveling around the country for photography, and as of now, I can't do that anyways because I'm BROKE. I was laid off from a job I loved two years ago and I've had trouble ever since getting a job. While I do personally hope to get a job again, I definitely want to do freelance sports/fitness photography for my area. My current camera is a Olympus Stylus VR-370 and I use Photoscape for editing (can't use other products yet because again...BROKE) but my goal is to get a DSLR camera and Photoshop to really get things going. I doubt I can get the ball even started with what I have, but if that's possible, by all means, let me know!

Obviously I will be posting what I can with the camera I have now for critique. Looking forward to learning from all of you and making friendships in the process. Take care!

Welcome, good luck. Money can be made doing local sports if there is enough families around with disposable income to pay for it. And you can get sideline access, and access for facilities for 1 on 1 photo sessions. Depending on how much competition there as well.

There is lots of information on this site to learn and become better. And also information on where else to go for additional information. For example strobist.blogspot.com is very good for learning external lighting.

Most reactions

Back