Hello Everyone

ilfordrapid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here. I specialize in black and white landscape photography. I am working toward selling my prints online. Is anyone else selling black and white fine art landscapes online? If so, how is business? I am trying to get a feel for what I should exspect.

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your post into a new thread, so that it's not stuck at the bottom of an old thread.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us here.

Online sales is tough unless you are well established and a well know name with a great website. That's my opinion, I am sure others will have another.

Enjoy the forum, and hope to see you often here.

In my opinion Online sales should be a convenience for your costumers not your main sales if it turns into that then great. it is a very good tool to have and to offer but it should not be your only means of sales. I have found most people I deal with still want the one on one personal business or just want me to deal with it and give them what I feel is best. That is how I try to do my business though I try and meet you ware you are at.

Big Mike - Thanks for moving my thread. I am still learning my way around. How do I keep from making the same mistake.

You're going to have to somehow get your name out there and then refer them to a website where they can buy prints if they would like. I would say getting some prints done up and framed, going to local antique sales and getting a booth or something of that sort will begin to get your name out there.

Just having the website with sales isn't going to get you much traffic, unless somebody is specifically searching your website name. Get that name out there to start up the business.

Jayson is pretty much right on the money on this one. with landscape style photography you need to get to that market. if you can get a booth at art festivals in the mall during certain events that would coincide with your photography at local fairs and festivals as well as antique sales as Jayson said. Keep in mind to set up at each event in your area may cost more then your budget can allow so start looking know find some one to go half's on booths and kiosks at some events.
Hope this can help and the best of luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back