Hello from Arkansas!

Luth34

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I have been lurking on the forum for some time but I figure interacting and getting some help with my hobby will help me progress further! I have enjoyed this forum a lot and it has certainly given me a lot of great ideas.

I had a son two years ago which finally led me to buy a camera better than my android phone. I wanted to capture as many memories as I could since I love looking back through old family photos that my mom took. While we made fun of her at the time for taking all those pictures, they are priceless now. I am officially 'that dad' who always has his camera out.

I purchased a refurbished Olympus E-M10 two years ago and really have enjoyed it. I still use the kit lens and feel like it has done well enough. I am hoping to buy a new prime lens soon. I have watched many hours of youtube videos and also bought a couple of photography books but feel like have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to understanding the technical side of photography, processing images, and just taking my little hobby to a new level. I have a version of photoshop and shoot in RAW, but generally feel overwhelmed and then never start to edit my photos, instead opting to use the JPEG and touch it up slightly. Any photoshop intro tips would be welcome.

I look forward to talking with everyone soon! Here is one of my more favorite images of my little guy that I took this summer. Any tips welcome!

-Cameron

Welcome aboard! There are many here who will advocate shooting in RAW and many that say JPEG will do just fine. Take their advice to the heart and experiment a bit to see which one works for you. I shoot in RAW and process in LR and PS.

Welcome aboard.

I have watched many hours of youtube videos and also bought a couple of photography books but feel like have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to understanding the technical side of photography, processing images, and just taking my little hobby to a new level.
Welcome!

The shot you posted seems to be technically good, so what do you think it is lacking? Or if you have a shot that you need help with, post that one.

Most reactions

Back