Hello from BC

HalfInsane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I more or less bought my current camera on a slight impulse. My old point and shoot had finally died on me after five long years, and I was going to move out soon and could no longer use my parent's Panasonic Lumix. I decided for the heck of it to look on Craig's List for a good deal, and found a Canon XSi along with three lenses (15-85mm, 75-300mm, 50mm), a polarizing lens, a camera bag, an extra battery and couple other little accessories for $600. I figured that was a pretty darn good deal so I bought it. I'm also waiting on an ordered 60mm macro lens and a tripod... and I know I should eventually look into an external flash but I don't even know where to begin... anyways...

Although I've always wanted an SLR camera, I really have very little idea how to work the darn things beyond the basics. I've so far used mine for little family trips and the like (I've got a few shots I quite like), but on the whole I'm not exactly the most skilled photographer. And, especially now that I'm buying an additional lens I really feel its about time I begin to seriously work on my photography skills and this seemed liked a good place to start!

Hey and welcome to the forum. You have tonnes of beautiful scenery up there to practice on. My mom lives in Mackenzie. :)

Hello I am new in this forum. Hoping that I would meet new friends here and also find some interesting topics you could share. Welcome all to this forum.

Most reactions

Back