Hello from Denmark

Rasmus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

I'm an amateur photographer from Denmark(the small city of Skive to be exact).

I've always taken a lot of photos, with compact cameras and later mobile phones. But while we were expecting our first child, i decided it was time to get more serious about it, to get some memorable shots of our little baby. So i picked up a Nikon D3100. I soon felt like i was missing out on some features on that camera, so replaced it with the D7000.

The D7000 was in many ways the perfect camera for me, unfortunately i got one with some pretty severe backfocus issues, so when the D7100 was released, i decided to splash out on that one.

So 2 years down the road, i'm using a Nikon D7100, along with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 non-vc, a nikon 70-300 vr and the tamron 90 mm f/2.8 macro lens. I feel i'm pretty well covered with this setup(of course, some wideangle could be nice)

My motives of interest vary with the season, and in general changes with what inspires me. At the moment i find myself messing around with the macro lens a lot, working on insect images(mostly flies and similar sized bugs)....of course our now 1½ year old daughter is often in the frame too.

Rasmus

Welcome, Rasmus! I just picked up the D7100 and I am loving it. Sounds like your photography and equipment have taken quite an evolution! I am just getting into macro photography. You'll have to post some of your photos at some point!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome, Rasmus! I just picked up the D7100 and I am loving it. Sounds like your photography and equipment have taken quite an evolution! I am just getting into macro photography. You'll have to post some of your photos at some point!

Well the d7000 would still have been my main camera, if the focus issue wasn't there.

In terms of lenses, i've been trading around quite a bit, most of the time making a profit as i went along :) I decided to go for more light-weight lenses, over the big tanks in general...i had the nikon 70-200 f/2.8 vrI at one point(and also a sigma 70-200), but while the quality was great, i decided i wanted lenses i would actually bring along instead.

I'm away from my main computer on holiday right now, but i'll put up some of my stuff in my gallery once i get back :)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back