Hello from Southeast Louisiana....

Possumcop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm an amateur photographer, well lets just say if there was something lower than the title amateur, that'd be me!!! Lol Anyhow I've been reading a lot of photography books learning the basics as well as learning my camera. Then I ventured into this forum and found a wealth of information that's helped me even more. I look forward to continuing my learning and maybe one day I'll have something worth posting. Thanks for all the great information… Darryl

Well, lucky for you, there IS something lower than an amateur. A RANK amateur. :lol:
And a beginner is even lower than that.
And then there's a "noob"--so new you can't even be called a beginner yet. That's you. :lmao:

Just kidding! Welcome to Hotel TPF--you can learn a lot here, but a bit of advice: DON'T wait until you have "something worth posting" to post your photos. The C&C here can be brutal sometimes, but if you'll post photos showing where your abilities are RIGHT NOW, you'll get advice that will help you improve your skills faster than the average bear!

Well, lucky for you, there IS something lower than an amateur. A RANK amateur. :lol:
And a beginner is even lower than that.
And then there's a "noob"--so new you can't even be called a beginner yet. That's you. :lmao:

Just kidding! Welcome to Hotel TPF--you can learn a lot here, but a bit of advice: DON'T wait until you have "something worth posting" to post your photos. The C&C here can be brutal sometimes, but if you'll post photos showing where your abilities are RIGHT NOW, you'll get advice that will help you improve your skills faster than the average bear!

i resemble these remarks! :}
welcome OP--look forward to following your progress. I posted a few photos in the people section and it is far from where I need to be but I got some constructive feedback and hopefully, the next round of photos will be better. Much of photography like anything else is about being patient as you grow. It's our human tendency to want to rush through the process. And another thing to is to not compare yourself to others. Everyone's style and level is different!

There is a section called "just for fun" and that might help you break out of your shell as it relates to posting photos. Everyone started as a newb at one point lol

good luck!

I could not a agree with sm4him more. Harsh feedback and critique makes you progress! Thw point that you go from harsh critique to praises and compliments is a wonderful thing and makes it all worth it. Post up your best shot to date and learn from the critique!

Oh and welcome! I am in NOLA. Maybe I will see you around. If you ever want to meet up I would be more than happy to help you grow and answer any questions you have. Lakeside photo does some really good and cheap ($50) classes.

Where abouts in SE Louisiana? The AF has since taken me far far away, but I grew up in Chalmette. If you're getting into photography, you have a beautiful city to practice with. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice!!! I live in Washington Parish, between Bogalusa and Franklinton in the small community of Pine. I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you, and Ron, maybe one day between my two jobs we can hook up an you can show me some hands on with my camera. Once again thanks y'all for the welcoming comments... "D"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back