hello from southwest Florida!

kittywolf13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kitbashcreations.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I've been looking for a forum to talk photos with and hopefully this is the one. Let me tell you a little about myself, I just got married and am technically a freelance illustrator (but at the moment I'm unemployed :( ) and right now I'm studying for my real estate sales exam. My hubby has a hobby of going to conventions and photographing and interviewing the attendees and decided he wanted to up his game. I encouraged him (because I've enjoyed photography for my own hobbies for many years) to get a DSLR, thinking we could both share it because I've always wanted one. :p he took the plunge and got a Nikon 3200 and I have found it difficult to share the camera. Not because he's not nice enough to do so but because I usually want it at the same times he does. Lol!

My camera is an old panasonic lumix dmc-fz18, which for all intents and purposes is a point and shoot. I have loved my camera for well over 5 years and recently just bought a new battery for it because I cannot afford to upgrade my camera (and because I had written out the memory on the original battery) in a couple of weeks we are going to a convention and hubby wants me to act as a second shooter for him. (Mind you were not pros and are not charging but this is something hubby is considering. I feel I have a pretty artistic eye for it) I feel a little out classed equipment wise and last time I took my camera to this particular place it didn't like the lighting. So I was hoping to get done tops and tricks and maybe polish my skills a little.

So any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to this forum...I had read your post in full and I am confused...he wanted you to be come his second shooter "because you have the eye for it" and yet he doesn't want to share his camera. Is he going to buy you one? I hope he does...

Welcome to this forum...I had read your post in full and I am confused...he wanted you to be come his second shooter "because you have the eye for it" and yet he doesn't want to share his camera. Is he going to buy you one? I hope he does...

No he has an eye for it too... and he does lend the camera to me, whenever i want... its just usually when i want to use it is at the same time he wants to use it (for example on saturdays he usually would take the camera to his model building events, and thats usually the same time id get together with some hobby friends... thus id love to use the camera, but since its his i give him first dibs. :p ). Also i feel i have a bit of an artistic eye for framing and such, which is something he needs to learn a little more about. (being an artist i know a bit more about perspective, and proportions and the golden rectangle theory... things like that. but were both amateurs so we both have a lot to learn.) but in the end were both learning. He wanted me to follow him around with his video camera... and id much rather be shooting photography. videography bores me. :p It's not in the budget right now to get another DSLR so for now, im reading up some tips and tricks and stuff, to get a little better with my camera. which is old, but its not a BAD camera. i really like it.

thank you so much!

Welcome from South Florida !

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thoughts for the event - Talk with him about exactly what he plans on shooting and when. Then you shoot anything else and get close, close, closer!!! Turn off the flash also that just pi--es folks off.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thoughts for the event - Talk with him about exactly what he plans on shooting and when. Then you shoot anything else and get close, close, closer!!! Turn off the flash also that just pi--es folks off.

Thanks everyone. Yeah I hate photographing with flash but the lighting in most areas of this place are so dark and dingy that my camera blurs everything unless I use a tripod for everything. I actually love close up/macro detail shots. :)

Most reactions

Back