Hello from Tenessee

ToddnTN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Helllo,

My name is Todd, I bought a film SLR back in 1998 and never really learned what I was doing with it as experimenting with film was rather expensive. As digital developed more I bought a few digital P&S cameras and have taken snap shots since then.

This year my daughter is going to be in the HS marching band as a 6th grader. She goes to a small private school and they needed drummers. She has been taking lessons for three years now so they asked her to try out and she made it.

I figured a P&S camera was not going to cut it for taking pictures of her at night time games, so I started looking for a "good" camera, which brought me to this place. I have since bought a Nikon D5200 with the 18-55 kit lens and a Nikon 180mm F/2.8 lens. Hopefully this setup will allow me to take the kind of pictures I want to take.

Since getting the camera, I have discovered that photography is pretty fun and it does not cost anything to experiment with DSLR's like it used to with film. So with all that being said, I think I will stick around here and try to get better at taking pictures and quit taking snap shots.

Welcome to TPF. There are several of us in Nashville, and we're kicking around the idea of a photo walk later in the month. You're welcome to join in and put faces with names if you'd like to.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF. There are several of us in Nashville, and we're kicking around the idea of a photo walk later in the month. You're welcome to join in and put faces with names if you'd like to.

WHO SAID YOU COULD INVITE HIM?!?!?!

Nah, I'm just kidding, you should come!! :sillysmi:

Hello and welcome to the forum Todd!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back