Hello from the Palm Springs of Washington....

LisaCadwell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
or so the sign reads as you are entering Yakima, WA. :wink:

I have been taking pictures of my daughters for YEARS.... but upgraded froma point and shoot camera when it was time for my oldest daughters senior pictures. I looked at all the web site of professional photograghers and thought "I can do that". HA! Boy - little did I know exactly what can of worms this was going to open.

I have a Canon Rebel EOS XS with a couple of lens and have been debating to continue to get lenses for it or upgrade to a better kit. Still haven't decided which direction to go. As I am a hobbist at best - I'm in no hurry to make that decision.

I'm just now starting to get into the editing aspect of photos. (Although, I'm still working on actually taking decent photos!) and I stumbled upon this site on accident. I love it! Swimming my way around all the topics... GOOD LORD!!!

I guess that is enough of an intro! So ... HI all!

Lisa

The Palm Springs of Washington, eh??? What does the sign entering Spokane say? The Salt Lake City of Washington? Oh, yeah,geeze, with all these exotic locales being thrown around I almost forgot to say, "Welcome to TPF Lisa!"

Any relation to John and Carl in Kennewich?

Welcome.. This is a great forum and you'll learn a lot if you hang around! :D

@ Derral... Not sure about a sign for Spokane - but I loved taking pictures of the building blocks spelling Spokane. ;-)

Welcome.. This is a great forum and you'll learn a lot if you hang around! :D

Thank you TamiAz. I've already learned that I don't know anything! LOL... Looking forward to someone having me some good/honest C&C.

Welcome aboard Lisa.

The best (and often cheapest) way to improve your photography is to improve the photographer rather than the gear. Read some books, read & view websites and best of all, take some classes.

Thank you Tim. I'm looking for groups locally in Yakima to join. I haven't had much luck yet. I would love nothing more than to go out with a group and learn from the experience. Seems like the professionals here are tight lips ( and I understand that from a business perspective). I just want to learn how to take great solid photos that I can enjoy - and maybe give away as presents.

Other option is photography at the local community college. It just seems a bit to spend when I'm not looking for the credits. ???? Any advice on the best way to take classes???

I do appreciate all feed back - even when it is harsh. Boy some of the people on here are that indeed! LOL

Hi Lisa, and Welcome! Some of the posters are harsh, but overall we have a wonderful community where you can feel free to ask questions to help you learn. :) Don't get sucked into any of the drama and you'll do fine.

So, enjoy! We're happy you're here! :D

Welcome to the forum. I always laugh when I see that sign in Yakima because it's more like the "arm pit" of Washington with all the dirt and dust there, but then I live on the "pretty" side of the state.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back