Hello from UK

marmle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I have recently got back into photography after a long break (I ended up having to sell my old equipment when in financial trouble) I mostly photograph landscapes and seascapes, and there is no shortage of stunning shots where I live. I am hoping to take my photography to the next level and start my own business and try and make some money from my photos, be it either from sites such as shutterstock (which I know wont give me a salary I can live on, but I have to start somewhere) or selling prints online, also a friend of mine has just got engaged, so there could be an opportunity there at some point.

I am by no means a pro photographer, and I certainly can't afford pro equipment (yet) but I am more than happy with my current equipment.

Skill level, keen amateur
Equipment, Nikon D5600, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 and Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5 VR lenses.

Hi welcome from south coast uk.
If you are planning to do weddings, have a look at the new er trends like photographing the wedding rings in a bible so the shadow forms a heart.
Also try and capture those unguarded moments, I don’t do weddings as a pro I go I am invited as a friend with a camera and I try and capture the day as it happens, the kids playing, mum in law fussing. All the bits the pro miss
The bride and groom never rem the day I try and give them a visual record. Yes I know it’s not the way to make a living maybe you could find a balance.
The other way I have seen photos make money is local and relevant pics up on display and for sale in local cafes.
Sometimes the visitor/tourist will buy photos of local scene esp if they are different a snow scene of the forest
Just some ideas for you

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back