Hello from Wisconsin

justaguy93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes it's still stupid cold here. I've been into photography for probably my entire life, though all of that has been just P&S cameras aside from a short run with a Nikon Pronea 6i. I finally decided to turn a casual obsesison into a serious hobby so I picked up a Nikon D50 and I'm here to learn as much as I can.

My interest in photography has always been about trying to preserve the moment when I see something beautiful or interesting in the world. I'm really looking to move beyond saving a picture of something I've seen and more into capturing the feeling at that time, if that makes sense.

A typical photo for me would be something like this (taken at the Mt St. Helens blast zone):
helens.jpg

Anyway, glad I found this forum and I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Welcome. And yes, I know about the cold there. I did a little Winter camping there when it was -15 F. Of course, I was much younger then...

Welcome to TPF.

Welcome, yet another Wisconsinite. What part of the state are you from?

I'm in the Madison area so I'm sure we have it easier than most of the state here as far as the weather goes.

Oh and in response to the post above...camping in -15 degrees? Please tell me it was in a nicely heated cabin or camper!

I'm in the Madison area so I'm sure we have it easier than most of the state here as far as the weather goes.

Oh and in response to the post above...camping in -15 degrees? Please tell me it was in a nicely heated cabin or camper!

Been in Madison a few times. Friendly people there.

Actually, there was no heat other than a camp fire. I slept in a doubled up mummy-style sleeping bag, almost closed at the top with a stocking cap on (and clothes on). It was actually warm. However, getting out of it in the morning was murder!

I think this place is infested with Cheeseheads.... ;^D Another one here reporting in from the south end of the state.

Welcome to the forum. Great place to learn.

Yep, the cheeseheads are taking over. I've been to Madison quite a few times. I was signed up for the photography courses at MATC until I was told there was a two year waiting list. Just never panned out for me.

Most reactions

Back