Hello, new member, bought a Lunix TZ-90

jitsuka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, newbie here, getting back into photography after a good few years out.

Not ready (cashwise or skillwise) to take the jump to a DSLR but decided a decent point-and-clicky type camera to get back up to speed.

Just bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ-90 in the recent amazon prime sale, got £50 off, hopefully post some pics!

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome! Looking forward to see some shots.

OP
J

jitsuka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Well I'd like everyone's advice please as it looks like my new camera has a fault - just had a flick through the user manual, decided to take a couple of shots on the automatic settings, the resulting shot had these weird banding patterns on, I even ordered a new SDXC memory card just incase of a faulty memory card. Looks like a return and replacement eh?

lumix_tz90_test1

lumix_tz90_test2

Barb King

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Well I'd like everyone's advice please as it looks like my new camera has a fault - just had a flick through the user manual, decided to take a couple of shots on the automatic settings, the resulting shot had these weird banding patterns on, I even ordered a new SDXC memory card just incase of a faulty memory card. Looks like a return and replacement eh?

lumix_tz90_test1

lumix_tz90_test2

Hi Jutsuka. I had that happen once; it was the memory card reader, rather than the card. The reader destroyed all the photos. I imagine the card could be at fault as well, so you might check both. Frustrating to have a new camera and not be able to use it yet.

Barb

OP
J

jitsuka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

lumix_tz90_test1

lumix_tz90_test2

Hi Jutsuka. I had that happen once; it was the memory card reader, rather than the card. The reader destroyed all the photos. I imagine the card could be at fault as well, so you might check both. Frustrating to have a new camera and not be able to use it yet.

Barb

Hi, thanks for the answer Barb

I don't think it's anything to do with a card reader, I used the wi-fi transfer to my phone and also when I previewed the picture on the camera screen it has that weird banding effect too :(

... think I'm going to just return it and get the TZ100 instead as reading online it has a larger 1in sensor and is better for taking pictures in low light ...

Barb King

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

lumix_tz90_test1

lumix_tz90_test2

Barb

Hi, thanks for the answer Barb

I don't think it's anything to do with a card reader, I used the wi-fi transfer to my phone and also when I previewed the picture on the camera screen it has that weird banding effect too :(

... think I'm going to just return it and get the TZ100 instead as reading online it has a larger 1in sensor and is better for taking pictures in low light ...

Sounds like a good plan--I actually had a Lumix TZ100 for about a year and loved it. It took really great photos. It's a cool camera for sure. Have fun!

OP
J

jitsuka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Sounds like a good plan--I actually had a Lumix TZ100 for about a year and loved it. It took really great photos. It's a cool camera for sure. Have fun!

Yeah, I'm pretty much 99.9% going to do this I think, I did balk at the TZ100 being nearly £100 more expensive but in the scale of things if I'm going to get back into photography and I use the camera a fair bit then £100 spread over a year or two doesn't work out much does it :)

OP
J

jitsuka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Well I've put in a amazon refund request, will be bundling it off tomorrow and get a TZ100 instead :)

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics