New from Kansas City

Mike A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm recently decided to get back into a hobby I loved a long time ago. In the mid 80's I bought my first real camera, a Nikon FG. I used the FG untill around 2005. I became intrigued with digital cameras but the price was way out of my budget. I recently decided to get my camera back out again but realized I need to buy some fresh film, and a new battery, the camera just wasn't ready to go. I revisited looking at digital cameras again, I was suprised at how the prices dropped from 2005. I decided to pull the trigger on one. I went with a Nikon D3500. The D3500 was bundled with a 18-55mm lens and a 70-300mm lens for under $500 (I'm very happy with this price). I'm hoping the lenses off my old FG will work on this camera, not the end of the world if they don't. I should have the camera in hand by the end of next week. Being new to DSLR I wanted a pretty simple camera with not to many bells and whistles, Im thinking the D3500 is going to be perfect for what I do.

Hello everyone, I'm recently decided to get back into a hobby I loved a long time ago. In the mid 80's I bought my first real camera, a Nikon FG. I used the FG untill around 2005. I became intrigued with digital cameras but the price was way out of my budget. I recently decided to get my camera back out again but realized I need to buy some fresh film, and a new battery, the camera just wasn't ready to go. I revisited looking at digital cameras again, I was suprised at how the prices dropped from 2005. I decided to pull the trigger on one. I went with a Nikon D3500. The D3500 was bundled with a 18-55mm lens and a 70-300mm lens for under $500 (I'm very happy with this price). I'm hoping the lenses off my old FG will work on this camera, not the end of the world if they don't. I should have the camera in hand by the end of next week. Being new to DSLR I wanted a pretty simple camera with not to many bells and whistles, Im thinking the D3500 is going to be perfect for what I do.
Welcome to the Forum! BTW, is that Kansas or Misssouri?☺️

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the return to your hobby.

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the Forum! BTW, is that Kansas or Misssouri?☺️[/QUOTE]
I see you are from LI, I lived in Suffolk for over 25 years. Lived of WM Floyd Pkwy near Smith Point Beach

Most reactions

New Topics

Back