Hello

sj-gordon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sj-gordon.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. My name is Scott and I live in a small town on the west side of Michigan. Just a few miles from lake Michigan so I tend to be drawn to the lake and water n general for shooting. Started shooting photos back in the days of film with my Dad's Yashica TL-Super that had a M42 screw on lens mount. I think the camera was mid-late 60's and I used it mid 70's. When I moved up to his hand-me-down Ricoh I thought I was stylin' but was a tad envious of the guys with those fancy bayonet mount lenses. That finally died right when Minolta introduced the Maxxum line, and I got a Maxxum 5000 with a couple lenses. Ended up shooting Maxxums from the 5000 to the 9000 series. In 2004 my wife bought me a small Kodak digital for Christmas. I puttered away with a "toy" camera for a few years then stepped up to the new Sony A200 so I could use all my decades old Minolta lenses that were still better than most Sony had available at the time. When they went all EVF and my camera bag was stolen, I jumped ship back Nikon and haven't looked back. Now shooting with a Nikon D800E and loving it.

Welcome to TPF! The Great Lakes are truly awesome, aren't they? :)

I look forward to seeing you post your work. Make sure to check out the Photo Galleries, and post away. Have fun!

Welcome aboard. My lovely wife is from Monroe.

Welcome to TPF, Scott. Oh...the Maxxum 5000...a truly great-selling AF 35mm film SLR. I was selling photo/video back then, and the Maxxum 5000 was perhaps the top-selling camera we carried. I sold a lot of them, and they were easy to sell, and had wonderful ergonomics to the cameras and the lens line as well. Great AF performance and nice overall handing as well. Priced right too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back