Hello.

Chris531

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! My name is Chris, I am sixteen and here is my photography story. About three weeks ago a saw my next door neighbors Canon EOS Rebel K2. I fell in love basically. I had been exposed to photography by my cousin but never really got into it until I got this camera. So I gave up 100 bucks and a couple of air soft guns and I recieved the beautiful peice of equipment. I am mainly into nature shots. So yea, I am really new. And well I was wondering about things you guys could tell me to help me on my feet here. Its a 35 mm camera by the way. Also was type of film would be best to use?

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the new camera. For starters, I would suggest using a regular color film...something that you can find at your local grocery store/Wal-mart etc. Once you start to get a handle on things...then you can start to look at what film may be more appropriate for your shooting.

The best part of a camera like the EOS Rebels, is that they have interchangeable lenses. I'm guessing that you have something like a 28-70 lens. After you get a feel for how the camera works etc...you may want to expand your horizons with a different lens. There are many choices avaliable.

Hi Chris,
Do yourself a HUGE favor, take notes.

Write down where the light was coming from, what the aperture was, what the shutter speed was, what kind of light- sunny, partly/cloudy, early or late and anything else you can think of that might help you to be consistant. The best time is just before or after dawn or sunset and it has to do with the color of the light and the angel the light is traveling in regards to perpendicular to the ground (just like there is black and white on a printed page, there needs to be light and shadow in a photo but the shadows don't usually need to be too harsh).

Enjoy,

mike

Hi Chris,
Welcome. Here in the U.K. we are up to our necks in really good photo mags... I assume there are some in Georgia.... If so start to pick a couple up from time to time. Work your way through them as if you were on a correspondence course. Enjoy what you do and keep pressing the button.... any problems there are herds of enthusiasts on this site who will fall over themselves in the attempt to answer any problems you may have....

Rule 1) There are NO rules....

Rule 2) eeerrrrrr.......

Thanks guys. To Big Mike I got the camera with a 28-90 lens....Thats good right?lol

Just have fun and take lots of pictures and don't take it too seriously.

Most reactions

Back