HELP! got a gig!

mommyof4girls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

First post, but i've been "lurking" for a while now ;)

I have a friend who's a really good local musician who asked me to shoot her record release press photos!

I just got the email, but i was too embarrassed to ask, what are record release press photos? Would those be photos of her like what would be on a CD cover, or are they pictures of the event? in the email, she said they'd only be for about an hour, so I thought I'd shoot them something like $250.

Thanks everyone <333

Best to ask her. She will know exactly what she wants - and then you can add that to your CONTRACT. ;)

Hmm, sorry but what?

You've just joined this forum in the last 13 days and your first post is?

You don't have an introduction, state your skill level or even display a qualifying photo....I'm sorry but I call BS.

I agree with rub. Ask her and get a feel for what she wants. Then decide if you can provide that. Good luck.

Yes... I mean no... I mean... What was the question?

Well I don't know anything about it, but if I heard 'record release photos' I would assume photos at the 'event' put on during the record release. Most likely at a record shop or something.

These are when a musician is about to release an album they need photos of themselves to be used for newspapers or other press media, or even just online. You can do some shooting of them with their instrument or without, thats up to you!

Hmm, sorry but what?

You've just joined this forum in the last 13 days and your first post is?

You don't have an introduction, state your skill level or even display a qualifying photo....I'm sorry but I call BS.
I joined this forum 13 days ago as well. I didn't put an introduction either. As for the pictures, the OP should really contact her friend and find out the exact requirements.

Yep, a contract, model releases, etc would be in order.

$250 sounds good to me.
By the time you pack up what you need, travel, get set up, shoot, repack, travel back, unpack, you've blown about 1/2 a day.

Licensing the images for use editorially, online, or for any other media promotion by the musician would be an additional cost that would vary with the usage/media type.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back