Help me brainstorm a theme, please

sbalsama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll be heading to Germany next year, 99.9% sure, and I plan on dumping a great deal into photography. :p But I wanted to shoot with a certain kind of theme (not just in Germany but I plan to travel to Amsterdam, Poland, and probably Italy and/or France). Black and white, definitely, and it can't be landscapes since I'll be shooting them on slide anyway. Ideally a sort of "people" subject or feel free to expand my views.

So far, I've been thinking down the lines of counter-culture, obviously Amsterdam would be a big factor in that. The only thing about that sort of subject is that some of the explicit counter-cultures could be hard to enter into without a decent amount of time for "trust" to build. Anybody have any ideas we can discuss? Thanks!

I would drop the "counter-culture" theme like a bad habit (no pun intended). If I was making the trip your talking about, my focus would be the people that are still alive and experienced World War II. They would probably be much more receptive regarding pictures taken of them. East Berlin probably has some (or many) of the structures that were actually there during the war. Just a thought...

Most reactions

Back