Help me choose a 35mm film body - with lenses I can adapt to my fuji bodies

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, as the title says: I'd really like to start working with film again. I haven't touched it since I was in high school and had access to the dark room.

I don't want to invest a ton of money into this because I doubt I'll use it super often, but I really want to pick up an old film body and a few lenses to play with.

Requirements:
-Cheap (Maybe under $150-200 to get started with a camera and lens, totally planning to buy used on eBay or similar)
-35mm
-Analog controls. I don't want something modern like the Nikon N80 or similar that are basically film versions of modern Nikon DSLRs.
-Lenses adaptable to my Fuji X-T3. Ideally, I'd like to choose a brand that's best in this regard to get the most mileage out of my lens investment.

Yes, Nikon F is such a rock of a camera. Solid workhorse ... same with FM2 ... mechanical.

If you are interested, with something electronic I have a Nikon FE and an Olympus OM-2 that I was going to put up on eBay ... both have 50mm lenses.

If you get into film ... you will find mounts such as Canon FD, Olympus OM, Fujica, and especially M42 that cannot be directly used on modern digital can be obtained cheaper then ones like Nikon or Pentax.

Hey guys, as the title says: I'd really like to start working with film again. I haven't touched it since I was in high school and had access to the dark room.

I don't want to invest a ton of money into this because I doubt I'll use it super often, but I really want to pick up an old film body and a few lenses to play with.

Requirements:
-Cheap (Maybe under $150-200 to get started with a camera and lens, totally planning to buy used on eBay or similar)
-35mm
-Analog controls. I don't want something modern like the Nikon N80 or similar that are basically film versions of modern Nikon DSLRs.
-Lenses adaptable to my Fuji X-T3. Ideally, I'd like to choose a brand that's best in this regard to get the most mileage out of my lens investment.

Good and honest ebay seller...

Nikon FE + 35mm F/2.8 Ai Lens #29689 E3 | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been a die hard Pentaxian since the mid 60's, primarily because of their backward/forward compatibility on the K mount. I have a legacy glass collection that I regularly use on my DSLRs (no adaptors required). One camera that's built like a tank is the K1000. Another more modern version is the ZX-M. Both of these with a couple of good lenses can be acquired for less than $200. I know you said you'd like to use the glass on the Fuji but my experience with adaptors has never been that great on any of them.

Most reactions

Back