Help me choose the right compact camera with great HD video (or camcorder?)

ramfe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!
I was thinking of getting a new compact camera, to replace my old one, that can take great quality pictures but also shoot great quality video. So I'm looking for a camera that has Full HD 1080p.

After some research, I came across this two:

- Canon PowerShot SX260 HS

- Sony DSC HX9V

What is your opinion about them?
After reading some comments and reviews, some say that the Sony one is better for video, but I've also read that the Canon one gives more of a "movie feel look". Though I've also read that the HX9V can shoot 1080 at 50p, and the Canon at 25p. These comments and reviews end up confusing me

HD video is very important to me now as I plan on shooting "short movies & music videos". I know I won't get any really professional footage with this cameras, but it's something my budget can afford.

So besides taking great pictures, I'm really interested in the video quality (also in low light conditions) and it's characteristics (can a camcorder do a better job? though they don't take great quality images as a compact camera).

Hope you can help me decide between these two cameras or propose another one, near the same price, that may have better video and image quality.

Thanks a lot for your time and help, I really appreciate it!
Thank you!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back