Help me out here guys...

HistoryNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is not what this forum is really for but I came to the place I thought I'd be most likely to find some accurate information.

My friend gave an old photograph (pictured here) that she found tucked into a Bible she got at a yard sale. I'm just trying to find out as much as I can about it because I'm a huge history nerd. I figured I'd start with the camera it was taken with.

The photograph is approximately 3.75" x 2.5" and is obviously black and white. On the back it says "9-June-18" which I'm assuming (from the time period and the uniforms in the photo) that it is a World War I photograph from June 9, 1918. I'm not quite sure yet what the cities are written on the back. Trying to figure that out as well. Just got it today and thought I'd ask you guys.

Basically I'm wondering if there is a way one of you camera geniuses can tell me what camera or at least narrow it down to a few different cameras it was taken with based off the very limited information I have and the photographs.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who lends a hand.

Photograph in question « Michael's Blog

photo.php

Most reactions

Back