What's new

Canon PowerShot SX70HS Setting

Kuvik

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 15, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Huntington, MA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I stupidly lent my camera to a friend and he must have messed around with my settings. I'm now having issues with the photo playback. When I used to press the playback button (20) the photos just taken had numbers displayed that showed the total number of photos taken and the number of the order in which each photo was taken (1/45 or 9/12, etc.) Also, if I had taken a photo by holding the camera vertically instead of horizontally, the playback showed the vertical photo horizontally as per usual with the numerical information in the usual position.. Now photos taken holding the camera vertically are displayed "on their side." I will be grateful for any help that will tell me how to reset the camera to my original preferences. I consulted the camera's manual, but couldn't find any information that specifically discusses these issues and I'm not going to just fool around with settings like my friend obviously did. (And that's the last time I'll lend the camera to anybody!)
 
Hello and welcome, try a factory reset, which should reset all settings ... :encouragement:
 
To factory reset a Canon PowerShot SX70 HS, turn the camera on, press the MENU button, select the yellow wrench/setup tab (Tools tab), find and select "Reset All...", and then choose "OK" to confirm.
 
To factory reset a Canon PowerShot SX70 HS, turn the camera on, press the MENU button, select the yellow wrench/setup tab (Tools tab), find and select "Reset All...", and then choose "OK" to confirm.
I've already tried that before posting my inquiry—going to Reset Camera and cleared all Basic Settings. No change. So then I cleared all Custom Controls. Still no change and no display of the number of photos taken and the relationship between the photo on the viewing screen and the total number of photos on the camera.
To factory reset a Canon PowerShot SX70 HS, turn the camera on, press the MENU button, select the yellow wrench/setup tab (Tools tab), find and select "Reset All...", and then choose "OK" to confirm.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom