Help me out, take a quick look

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This picture might be published. A small version that is. My questions is: do you think the black/grey area (it's part of a window) on the right side is distracting? It's not really 'coming out of his head', but still. Should I try to pp it out or do you think it's acceptable.

thanks.

texas029.jpg

pascal

Yeah, I guess you could PP it. What's it going to be used for? Only photographers usually realize it anyways..

I gotta say....i noticed it right away...but I guess it depends on what its going to be used for...people might not notice if its small.

I think you're ok.

Depends on what you're going to use it for.

The background as a whole is quite messy, actually...

thanks for the quick response guys.

it's going to be a small pic, next to a story in which he is quoted. that's it.

Depends on what you're going to use it for.

The background as a whole is quite messy, actually...

yep, I see what you mean. Do you think it distracts too much?

pascal

Well, it really depends on the type of magazine/newspaper, subject and importance of the person you're going to use it for.

In general, though, it should do the job. You can recognize him and he is on the foreground enough.

It remains, however, not a perfect portrait shot... :)

I think I would take it out. The first thing I noteced was how that looks like it's attached to his shirt .. the thing and shirt become one ... but that's just me.

I tend to look at the shots before reading what someone writes so as not to become biased.

Well, it really depends on the type of magazine/newspaper, subject and importance of the person you're going to use it for.

In general, though, it should do the job. You can recognize him and he is on the foreground enough.

It remains, however, not a perfect portrait shot... :)

I hear you. Thanks. I'll fiddle with the background and see if it leads to any improvement.

pascal

I really think its fine. No one on earth notices these things unless they are into photography

thanks emerana. I think you're right, but people that decide whether or not to publish this are photogs too, so I really appreciate all your comments.

pascal

Most reactions

Back