Help! My Canon 60D won't auto focus!

Olivia Hutchinson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, heres the deal. I have had this camera for almost a year now, and juts recently the auto focus has stopped working on all of the Manual settings (M, AV, TV, etc). But still works on the preset setting (Sports, Landscape, etc). I have tried switching lens and it is still the same. Any thoughts??

-Olivia

Which focus mode is the camera set to? One shot, Al Focus, or Al Servo?
When you are using M, AV,TV does the in focus indicator in the viewfinder blink?

When you are using M, AV,TV does the in focus indicator in the viewfinder blink?

No it doesn't. They stay black like they aren't focusing on anything

I usually have it set to Al Focus. But I just tried switching between all three and the focus indicators just stay black

I had the same thing happen on my 60D a couple years ago and my 5Diii about a year ago.

The solution is to remove the battery for about 10 minutes. If that doesn't do it, go to the menu 'clear all camera settings' (page 280 of online 60D user manual) and reset everything. I don't recall which of those did the trick, but I know that's how I resolved the problem.

When time travel becomes possible, would someone please go back in time and change the history of the person that approved the layout of the user manuals for Canon's DSLRs so that the approval is never given.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back