Help my mamiya is in trouble !!

mamiyo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I made a huge mistake and i v been kicking my feet.
My mamiya c330 fell in water, i was taking ictures near a small swamp and the tripod fell with my C330 on it. Now i see that the lens has water in it.

What should I do ? any suggestion would be much appreciated ...

Thanks

There is a sticky around here some where with camera repair shops. I'd start calling around to see how much it will cost to get them dried out and a CLA done. Try Paul Ron who posts here first and see if he has the time.

You are lucky that the Mamiya isn't digital. ;)

If it was me I would disassemble the camera and lens myself and, let it dry out then relube it and, reassemble. But if you arent mechanically inclined I would do as Mike suggests.

Do NOT put it in a microwave!

It should be a easy fix for a repair tech.

Thanks guys. Yes I did not put in the microwave and I will therefore send it to the technician. I am sure he will ask for 200 at least and I bought t for 300+ but maybe that's ok.

A friend suggested a CLA, so maybe it's a good occasion to do this. I was noticing that the pictures are not coming as sharp and the negatives not as dense as I expected from the Mamiya but does a CLA help at all at this level ?

Thanks

I heard that rice is a good general purpose desiccant. However, take extra precautions to not cause further damage. The next step would be to send it in for repair (KEH?).

Isn't this thread an old one from March? I wonder if this poor chap ever had his camera serviced?

You could always buy a new lens and sell yours for parts/repair on ebay. There are a lot of people online that buy damaged lenses to fix them and resell, you'd be surprised by how much they fetch. I would never take a lens to be repaired as it's almost always more expensive then selling my broken lens and buying a new one.

I made a huge mistake and i v been kicking my feet.
My mamiya c330 fell in water, i was taking ictures near a small swamp and the tripod fell with my C330 on it. Now i see that the lens has water in it.

What should I do ? any suggestion would be much appreciated ...

Thanks

Is the water between the lens groups? That's what it sounds like to me, and if it is, you can unscrew the front group from the rear, albeit carefully using a tiny screwdriver. They have a special tool for this, but I never used one. I even forget what it's called.:blushing:

Just rinse everything in clean tap water and dry, making sure the shutter still works. If water hasn't gotten into the lens groups, you should be okay.

You could always buy a new lens and sell yours for parts/repair on ebay. There are a lot of people online that buy damaged lenses to fix them and resell, you'd be surprised by how much they fetch. I would never take a lens to be repaired as it's almost always more expensive then selling my broken lens and buying a new one.

110% agree with this. If you don't feel up to doing it yourself this is by far the best way to go! You will spend far less than having it in for repair.

Most reactions

Back