Help needed for assignment and we're in an open and and and is in (pretty urgent)

flying_kiwiruit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to anaylze some photos for a Photography assignment due on the 31 of October, dont know what some of the things I need to talk about are though. The questions are

Make annotated notes to analyse the compositional structure, format, symmetry/asymmetry, diagonals, triangular, curviliner, vanishing points, view angel, weight and focal point.

Also comment on the following for one artist model
Subject matter
Lighting
Equipment used
Film ISO, paper surface,mm.lense used, aperture, shutter priority and possible settings (F. Stop and shutter speed), depth of field and focus point.
Pictorial Elements, line, shape, pattern, rhythm, texture, tone, balance, contrast, movement, scale/proportion.
Manipulaton Techniques- Multiple exposures, photogram, collage, photomontage, negative, scrathching, use of Photoshop (if applicable)
Photographic Style - Straight black and white etc
The atists intention - idea/s behind the photograph, polictical, social, documentary, propaganda, art gernerated, personal, a combination
Genre

If anyone would be willing to get a photograph and do this anaylze on it, explaining what things mean and how to do everything, it would be so appreciated, even if you only do some of it, any would be helpful.

Nat

I can't help feeling that you are going to get a nil response on this. It's difficult to believe that you are doing a course where you don't have set material or lectures that explain the terms and techniques for you - I know I did. When we were asked a similar type of question, we we're asked to use random selections from flickr as raw material - essentially photos we liked.

The whole point of doing this question is that you are learning what is meant by the terms mentioned and applying your own thinking to their use by other photographers. If the good people here do that for you, what are you going to learn other than copy and paste?

agreed - at your best you might be able to ask people here if they could provide some photo settings details for ones that you have selected - especially as traditional appears to be your question area (and traditional shots don't have exif ;))

I can't help feeling that you are going to get a nil response on this. It's difficult to believe that you are doing a course where you don't have set material or lectures that explain the terms and techniques for you - I know I did. When we were asked a similar type of question, we we're asked to use random selections from flickr as raw material - essentially photos we liked.

The whole point of doing this question is that you are learning what is meant by the terms mentioned and applying your own thinking to their use by other photographers. If the good people here do that for you, what are you going to learn other than copy and paste?

I disagree completely!!! :soapbox:

He already learned cut & paste. Look at his post. :lol: :lmao:

hehe :D

Best I can do for you is offer this image to do your homework on.

Please do some of the assignment then post your answers for us to evaluate.

hdr2bwtpf.jpg
[/IMG]

^^ interesting pic.... my first comment on this pic would be that your horizon is off.. first i thought is was the boat leaning, but then i took my laptop off my lap and onto a flat surface, and found that the whole image is leaning to the left... i'll send you a bill for all the water that you spilled onto my macbook

Sorry about the dip in the ocean. Yep thats the first thing he should notice, and the (stripped camera data file ~ hehe).

you need to do your own homework.

i am sure your insturctor would be interested to see how you did your own research. in my class it would be called an F

Although you may find it hard to believe, thats exactly what I ave got. I'm only in High School, and i take Photography as a subject, We are given a massive assignment and told to do it, we are not given any other materials because it is assumed we know these things, but however I wasnt taught some of this ever. I have 6 photos to anaylze, they are already picked and glued into my workbook, I just don't know how to ananylze them, because I dont understand some of the language in the question, I understand some of it but not all of it.

The things I dont understand are

Make annotated notes to analyse the symmetry/asymmetry, diagonals, triangular, curviliner, vanishing points, view angel, weight. (I dont know what any of these terms actually mean, and have never been told so)

Also comment on the following for one artist model
Film ISO, paper surface,mm.lense used, aperture, shutter priority and possible settings (F. Stop and shutter speed), depth of field. (I dont get how we are meant to get all of this from looking at a photo we didnt take)
Pictorial Elements, line, shape, pattern, rhythm, texture, tone, balance, contrast, movement, scale/proportion. (this is the one that I go huh on)
Manipulaton Techniques- Multiple exposures, photogram, collage, photomontage, negative, scrathching, use of Photoshop (if applicable) (once again dont get how I suppose to know this stuff by just looking at a photo)
The atists intention - idea/s behind the photograph, polictical, social, documentary, propaganda, art gernerated, personal, a combination
Genre (Um I never took the photo how am I suppose to know the artist idea behind it)

Please someone help, if dont pass this course, I dont get into my degree next year. I really want to get into this degree too, but I dont have the time to reaserch all of these, as well as keep up in my other classes.

perhaps part of the assignment is to also research what those things are... thats what the other posters (including myself) in this forum are trying to tell you.... sometimes everything isnt given to you in life, you need to do a little searching around... I've taken art classes where we were told nothing and we to even guess the era it was from based on the subject and texture and other fun stuff like that... searching your text book, search google (but dont believe everything you read on the internet) search your library for photography books.. and learn what all that stuff is.

Please someone help, if dont pass this course, I dont get into my degree next year. I really want to get into this degree too, but I dont have the time to reaserch all of these, as well as keep up in my other classes.

this is just about the saddest thing i've ever heard, and a clear thought of your generation... "i want the degree, but I dont have the time to do the work".. also known as, I'd rather be out partying, playing sports, shopping. whatever... high schools dont give students more than they can handle.. I work in a high school as a guidance counsellor.. if you have far to much work that you will be unable to complete it, perhaps you should go to your guidance, and talk to them about the work load, and then they can investigate as to whether your teachers are giving you to much work, or your just being lazy..

honestly I don't think many of us will even understand those terms given - and we of course can't see your test photos. Best thing you can do is an internet search and read the index of your textbook (if you have one) and go from there - its what most of us would do.
And if you feel the work is too much for you - or that you don't understand enough of the terms to be able to do it well enough then the best person to speak to is your teacher

You have plenty of time to do the research. Get to work......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back