Help needed for assignment and we're in an open and and and is in (pretty urgent)

Fine thanks for the help. I came here for help, and I just get people who arent willing to help. Just so some of you know, I dont have a photography textbook, there is no such thing here (I live in New Zealand), and my Art teacher is so busy he doesnt have the time to help the Art students. Oh so you know, the whole time thing, I get home from school at 4 I will work on school stuff until dinner is ready, then I will go back to school work until I go to bed. I don't play sport or go to parties or anything like that because I dont have the time to.

I don't want everything handed to me on a platter I want to pass, and to understand my work. All of you have just been just as unhelpful as my teacher, which is really frustrating.

There are just some things you just can't reasearch, like some of the questions I asked like the question about how we are meant to know the artists intention, and also how I'm meant to know if there is any editing and stuff, when the book I get the photos out of doesnt tell me this information. Once again thanks for all the help guys.

Fine thanks for the help. I came here for help, and I just get people who arent willing to help.

This reminds me of all the people who copied off my homework when I was in High School. When I was in college, I was proud to turn in "my own" work. You should feel the same. Take some pride in your work brutha. It will pay off in the end.

It's called bull sh*#! Art teachers love it. Just write some crap about how the photos "make you feel etc." All of the terms you mentioned can be searched on the internet. For example you could easily search and find out how ISO effect the noise (grain in an image) so if the photo you were analyzing had a lot of grain you could say it was shot on high ISO film or if the photo had motion blur you could write about how a slow shutter speed was used and it gives the sense of speed.

The artist’s intention is whatever bull you feel like saying about the image. Example "I believe the artist wanted to create a sense of dread with the dark stormy sky in the photo"

That being said if your not in college level photography classes then expecting you to know about all those things is crazy.

If you have specific questions feel free to email me (email is on my website www.allehphotography.com) and I will try to get back to you.

Cheers

Fine thanks for the help. I came here for help, and I just get people who arent willing to help. Just so some of you know, I dont have a photography textbook, there is no such thing here (I live in New Zealand), and my Art teacher is so busy he doesnt have the time to help the Art students. Oh so you know, the whole time thing, I get home from school at 4 I will work on school stuff until dinner is ready, then I will go back to school work until I go to bed. I don't play sport or go to parties or anything like that because I dont have the time to.

I don't want everything handed to me on a platter I want to pass, and to understand my work. All of you have just been just as unhelpful as my teacher, which is really frustrating.

There are just some things you just can't reasearch, like some of the questions I asked like the question about how we are meant to know the artists intention, and also how I'm meant to know if there is any editing and stuff, when the book I get the photos out of doesnt tell me this information. Once again thanks for all the help guys.

I have the solution to all of your problems as far as understanding the individual terms... here it is... http://www.google.com

It may be glib, but it's true. Google is a fantastic tool to get the basics. TPF is an awesome place to come when what you learn doesn't set quite right, etc.

People here are helpful, but your post comes across as "I have some homework to do, would you mind doing it for me? Thanks bye!"

Note, I'm not saying thats what you are saying... I'm saying that's how it came across.

I think we all would be very happy to help you understand the concepts once you've done a bit of legwork on your own, but a lot of us are grumpy old adults who want to make sure you whipper snappers are doing your work. :)

So I would suggest this: go bone up on stuff, come back, we'll give you some pictures to try to comment on, (deadeye already gave you a killer one), you can provide comments, and we'll help you tune it a bit.

I find it difficult to believe that a teacher can give out an assignment that covers a magnitude of things that were never covered in class or in the textbook., unless this class is advanced and it is assumed all the students already know this stuff. ( Example~ It is assumed in a algebra class you already know multiplication ,fractions , ect.
But I am game to helping anyone learn photography that has ambition to do so. That is what TPF is for IMHO. So please ask questions that elude you and I will try answer them one at a time. Do not ask someone to do it for you as we wont. You must learn this stuff as the next class will build upon this one and once again you will be lost as to even what the terms are.
There is a great wealth of knowledge here and most are eager to share it.

Dan

I have never once asked any of you to do any of my work for me, I wont learn that way know that. So can people stop inplying that is what I am asking for, what I need is information so I can do my own work.

And Haha on that google.com solution, only a idiot doesnt know about google, and I'm not a idiot k.

I have asked spefitic question and no one seems to answer me, so now I'm leaving as this forum is no help if you guys are just going to go on and on like broken records about me doing my own work. So cya later, I hope I pass, because without knowing this stuff I wont pass.

Oh and to those who find it ahrd to believe I dont have a textbook and that I should already know this stuff, I moved from a different school to the one I am at at the moment, at my old school we werent taught this stuff, at my new school we are expected to know it already and I don't. So I went to the internet hoping to learn the stuff I needed to know without falling behind in my other subjects. But guess what all I have found on here is unhelpful people who just sterotyped me because I am a teenager at school, guess what not all teenagers are slacker, not all want there work done for them, there are some like me who want to learn, who want to pass so they can study at a higher level. Bye All

^^^ well, that was predictable.

buh bye.

^^^ well, that was predictable.

buh bye.

The entire thread was for me... I read the first sentence of the OP and knew exactly. The only variable in my mind was how accepting the OP would be to the chides and gentle redirections to google and other places he should have visited. The image post from DeadEye was a nice addition! :thumbup:

If you have an internet connection, a computer, and a browser there's just no information you can't find out! Amazing resource we have at our disposal - truly! - it's no surprise that the US government is trying very hard to shut it down and/or control it.

The entire thread was for me... I read the first sentence of the OP and knew exactly. The only variable in my mind was how accepting the OP would be to the chides and gentle redirections to google and other places he should have visited. The image post from DeadEye was a nice addition! :thumbup:

If you have an internet connection, a computer, and a browser there's just no information you can't find out! Amazing resource we have at our disposal - truly! - it's no surprise that the US government is trying very hard to shut it down and/or control it.

Plus, I really don't think anyone bashed him... I even tried to explain that it was how it came across, and not necessarily what he was intending.

<sigh> Sadly, I think this is one of those cases where being older counts for something. This is mainly sad because I know I acted just like that when I was his age, and it's only now that I can see it.

Can't wait 'till I'm 50 and look back and feel like an ass for acting the way I did when I was 37. :lol:

I wouldn't know about any of that. I am after all, perfect in each and every way! LOL :puke:

Dang, I thought they'd take the bait by now and throw out a counter offer. I guess I'll have to be satisfied simply believing they wanted someone to do their homework rather than proving it.

Most reactions

Back