Help Remove Shadow

First off you never want to completely remove a shadow. Shadows give definition to objects and help give you a 3D look. If you remove them completely it's just going to look weird.

Some simple dodging in photoshop would probably do the trick on your image to lighten up the shadow areas in your image.

kstrat2008 upload a higher resolution image and I'll lighten it for you if you want. The one on photobucket is not really big enough to do it well.

I was about to say Dodging in Photoshop will solve the shadow problem, but hey! it's been said, so I now can say: Welcome aboard this site.

$IMG_9988_zpsa1dff049.jpg
Duplicate the layer twice and the top most layer, change the blend mode to multiply to darken it. use layer mask on the top layer to remove the dark shadows. This will reveal the the lighter shadow on the layer below. Merge layers.

Well this is a hacked job with the small file.... duplicate layers - dodge and burn to even things up on the top layer then bring down opacity according to taste.... you should be able to do a much much better job with the original file.

$boy.jpg

View attachment 80751
Duplicate the layer twice and the top most layer, change the blend mode to multiply to darken it. use layer mask on the top layer to remove the dark shadows. This will reveal the the lighter shadow on the layer below. Merge layers.

Thanks for the tip on what NOT to do... holy crap.

Some photos cannot be 'fixed' post process.

The photo cannot be edited in a way that would produce a quality result.
It's to bad the light direction and quality were so poor and that the camera was not set up to minimize the lighting issues.
The solution at the time the shutter was released was to use flash to fill in the shadow and somewhat balance the direct sunlight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back