Help required to fix few pics of an imp event of my life!

akash_pal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I truly understand that people are here to learn photography and I too joined this forum to know the basic model of DSLR camera for me as a beginner but going through the forum and different threads..I found that there are some really wonderful set if people with amazing skills in photography and hence a question arise in my mind that can a picture which was shot badly can be I proved with the help of any tool and a great skill???
There are few pics of my marriage where unfortunately I could not get a good photographer, will really appreciate if someone can try their hands on them to make them look better.
b818e477bb400d3c8e4f8fd73c0fd146.jpg
fb2d3fceb2f0a78faa93a78c2399c196.jpg
d8da4bcb1d6332d26c4400afc6e8dbfb.jpg
a16f4b4d24c9ec0beae167b4cb6c3404.jpg
fd9ec8573462a14fa3f364e585118cb1.jpg
2d681e4b7a12e695eaa2c4a699c48b1b.jpg
af1dea6f0faa958c40b03b34ad625d09.jpg
d4dd101f9928462bc0d55d64ede708c5.jpg
71437b0f7d97c0aba93f96acf7106290.jpg
bab6e6afe60992d0164874274af793e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TPF.
Are these pictures YOU took? If not, you'll need to remove the actual photos and just provide links to them (maybe put them on flickr or something of the sort if you don't already have them online somewhere to link to). TPF does not allow the posting of ANY photos that you do not own the copyright to.

Second: You'll find that NOT everyone is here to learn photography in the basic sense. Some are beginners, some hobbyists and some are professional photographers or highly skilled hobbyists. But WE are all here to learn in some sense, and to gain from the "community" of fellow photographers.

Lastly, the photos. There are definitely some things that could be done to "improve" them, but what do YOU see as wrong with them--what is it you would want changed? Some of them have missed focus and there's not much that can be done about that, but the harsh shadows could probably be removed or lightened, the white balance adjusted, backgrounds removed...
On the other hand--perhaps you can take comfort in the fact that these are at least NOT the worst wedding photos I've ever seen!!

Are these jpegs, or do you have raw files for the photos? Working on jpegs would limit what could be "fixed" somewhat. The further difficulty is that, since these are not photos YOU took, the copyright really belongs to the photograher, and without their permission, it would not be ethical to reprocess the photos.
Plus, I doubt you'll find anyone willing to just redo all your wedding photos for free.

Thanks for taking a time to write me a message. As I said my intention of joining this forum was not to get my photos fixed for free. I just put these pics after seeing so many skillful members here..I am absolutely ok even if nobody touches these pics here...will learn how to improve them.

I don't have a raw images..this is what I have and there is no copyright issue is associated with these pics..thanks again for welcoming me in this wonderful forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start with white balance, lift the shadows some. It looks like the room was pretty small, maybe remove the background. The colors of your wedding wardrobe have to be correct, skin tone has to be correct. White balance may help a lot with this.

Sent by Phil s Photography Weddings Engagements Portraits from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha...and here I thought it was going to be a post about "the little people" :biggrin-93:

. . . there is no copyright issue is associated with these pics . . .
You sound real sure of that.
How did you determine "there is no copyright issue is associated with these pics"?

Since TPF is a US based web site US copyright law probably applies - per international copyright law - the Berne Convention.
Plus, the World Intellectual Property Organization's Article 3 likely also applies.
Consequently, whether or not there are copyright issues may not be as certain you say it is.
Most countries in the world have signed and honor both agreements/treaties.

.. can a picture which was shot badly can be (im)proved with the help of any tool and a great skill???
There are few pics of my marriage where unfortunately I could not get a good photographer, will really appreciate if someone can try their hands on them to make them look better.
The short answer is yes, there is the possibility of some improvement to these shots, but don't expect wizardry. Someone with Photoshop skills can help these shots. Unfortunately, that is not me.

First of all, you need to certify that you do, indeed own these photographs, either by taking them yourself (which is apparently not the case) or by the rightful owner signing over the ownership to you.

Secondly, please edit your profile to "allow editing".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back