Help selecting my lenses for NYC?

vishvanaar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll be using a Canon T3i. I've selected to take following lenses:

Sigma 10-20mm
Tamron 17-50 (non-vc)
Canon 15-85

I think my main walk around will be the Tamron.
Are there any lenses you'd recommend instead of what I've chosen? Anything I should remove from my list?
I'd also considering taking the 24-105L, Should that replace the 15-85?

I'll be using a Canon T3i. I've selected to take following lenses: Sigma 10-20mm Tamron 17-50 (non-vc) Canon 15-85 I think my main walk around will be the Tamron. Are there any lenses you'd recommend instead of what I've chosen? Anything I should remove from my list? I'd also considering taking the 24-105L, Should that replace the 15-85?

50mm 1.8. Cheap, sharp, light

OMG...get a fanny pack...ALL of that small gear will EASILY fit into a fanny pack.

I would recommend you leave all those lenses at home and take a Sigma 18-250mm macro. I've taken thousands of photos with mine on my 7D and 50D. It has never let me down. You'll be able to have some distance from people with the 250mm end and so get excellent candid shots. The 18mm is quite wide. You'll be able to photograph just about anything you see, up close or far away. It's a great lens. Sigma's stabilization system is the best I've seen so handheld shots are very easy. I never use a tripod or even a monopod. You won't be disappointed.

Most reactions

Back