Help : Someone do an hdr of these images?

Kinda sorta. It's more patch-worky though. Mask-out a part of the image that isn't properly exposed with one that is. No tone-mapping, no halos, and none of the other darned problems that come with running HDR algorithms. Though it takes a hella lot of tweaking to get a satisfactory end result. >.<

FYI: You can't do an HDR with 1 properly exposed image and 2 underexposed image as you have here. As shown by the example above....all you end up with is the car underexposed and the background looking like poo.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ HAHAHAHA he said Poo...:lol: :lmao: :lol:

Some of the debate here about HDR is almost as bad as the "what is a professional" discussions.

HIGH dynamic range is just that... high. It doesn't say "PERFECT" dynamic range... it's HIGH. High is an absolutely subjective term. If I'm standing on top of a building, next to the guy on the street, I am high... but next to the guy in the plane, I'm not.

Blending images together to make a HIGH dynamic range (HDR) image is simply giving a broader depth of tonal range and exposure than would be possible than with a single exposure off a camera.

music- glad you smiled. :) I didn't try masking, no... I find that often the results of masking are a bit more wonky because of the harsh changes in light between different objects... and even gradual changes tend to be noticable. HDR helps avoid these problems.

Really, I don't even generally like HDR images. That Boston skyline I did? I really don't like it. :lol: A lot of people think it's amazing... I don't. Looks weird. And that was my REALLY trying to make it look right. The one I did of the interior of the building, though? I love that one. To me, THAT's what HDR should do... just give you greater dynamic range so it looks more true to life, without looking totally weird.

Really, I don't even generally like HDR images. That Boston skyline I did? I really don't like it. :lol: A lot of people think it's amazing... I don't. Looks weird. And that was my REALLY trying to make it look right. The one I did of the interior of the building, though? I love that one. To me, THAT's what HDR should do... just give you greater dynamic range so it looks more true to life, without looking totally weird.

I think the building shot looks pretty realistic, not really wonky or anything. It's a nice picture, I'd say.

Most reactions

Back