What's new

Help with CA

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am noticing when using the 80-200 2.8 that there is a lot of what I'm assuming is CA. a blue shadow/highlight around many parts of the image. I am only noticing it mostly at the 200mm focal length. The photoshop remove ca thingy in acr does not take it out like it does on other lenses.

Is there a way I can either remove it without extensive editing or a way I can avoid it? thanks.

here is an example.
link to view full size to see it better bagpiperweb | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

7858534648_feef3b029e_c.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
I'm retarded. That was with my 50mm 1.4 I normally do not have any of that blue chit which is why I was posting. I do get it a lot with my 80-200...just kinda used to it, but never really got it on my 50mm
 
Did you see if you can find a profile for that lens for ACR? Might help.
I had one shot that I had to hand remove the CA out of white shirts, It's a pain in the butt, but I've done it. IT SUCKS! If it's a must do and you can't get it out any other way let me know and I'll see if I can give you a decent how to for how I did it.

Clicking into the image here was still too small for me to see it. Can you give a 100% crop or close?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
I did use the profile in acr. didn't do much. click the link and right click the image in flicker and go to original. then you can see it large format.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom