help with cameras on a budget

phildaint

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi , i am stuck on what camera to get, at the moment its looking more like a cannon 400d off ebay as my budget is around 300 - 400 gbp are there any other cameras i should consider. maybe nikon d70 or d50? i have compared them on dpreveiw.com and the cannon always comes out the best.

i would prefer to buy 2nd hand off ebay.

cheers, phil

£300-400 will easily get you a Canon 350D, Nikon D50, D70, D40, D40X, Pentax K100D, some Olympus models... all brand new from an actual shop as opposed to Ebay. And I strongly recommend buying from a reputable store, whether online or high street, rather than Ebay... even if it means not quite getting the camera you want (e.g. EOS 350D as opposed to 400D). Since you can easily get a great camera within your budget, why would you prefer to buy second hand from Ebay (if you don't mind me asking)?

As for which to get, they're all excellent and some cameras and systems will be better in some ways than others... but if the Canon is what impresses you most then go for that. 400D IMO is not a huge leap over a 350D so I'd consider that too.

Most reactions

Back