Help with color Temperatures !

Davor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today i got 2 "hot" lights one of them has 3 bulbs and each bulb is rated at 5000K Color temp and its 26w. Im trying to mix the two hot lights with my Sb800 flash but it seems very hard to get a good balance between the two because i assume that the Sb800 depending on power output goes above 5000k.

Should i just go the store and buy higher color Temp bulbs like 5500k or even 6000k to get a descent balance between the lights?

Thanks in advance.

The color temp. of the flash should be 5250-5500°K.

should i buy 5500k bulbs then, the 5000k bulbs seem warmer than the flash and when mixed its noticeable

This may be a noob statement, I am clueless with studio photography but why would you want to mix flash with continuous lighting?

It was a good deal on the lights, and the main reason i bought them was because of the nice stands. Just the stands go for $80 each new here at Henry's, the lights where kind of an extra perk for me so i might as well try to use them until i have the funds for some nice strobes. and tbh they do help with fill and hair light, and they can also be used to some product and food phtography.

I'd say get 5500°K lamps.

Does it matter how many watts it is? I would prob want the most powerful one they sell.

Higher watts = more light = more heat = higher electric bill.

Heat and food photography don't always mix.

:lol: , I should be worried about the police busting through the door though there's been many grown ups busted around here, they might think things.

Couldn't you just get some gels for your flash to match the hot lights?

I think the gels would maybe be an overkill for the color difference, plus i wouldn't mind just having extra bulbs as backup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back