Help with light box set up please

I checked Amazon in my country but they seem to be more expensive than self made one. That is the problem. Do you guys have any recommendation? I can check if I can get it locally.
Seriously, I made one.

It works.

It did not cost a fortune.

I found the materials at two local retail outlets.

HOWEVER: I looked at some that were commercially available so that I would have some idea of how they are constructed, analyzed the materials used, devised a plan in my own head, and made it.

You have at least those two options; buy one or make one. If you are not capable of making one, then you will have to save up the money to buy one.

I checked Amazon in my country but they seem to be more expensive than self made one. That is the problem. Do you guys have any recommendation? I can check if I can get it locally.
Seriously, I made one.

It works.

It did not cost a fortune.

I found the materials at two local retail outlets.

HOWEVER: I looked at some that were commercially available so that I would have some idea of how they are constructed, analyzed the materials used, devised a plan in my own head, and made it.

You have at least those two options; buy one or make one. If you are not capable of making one, then you will have to save up the money to buy one.

I can make the frame using parts from a local store. I just need to know the thickness of the tracing paper and the appropriate watt. Not sure if two 60W White LED lights are good enough.

So now it is tracing paper? Honestly, I was not aware that tracing paper was available in different thicknesses.

As to the number of lights; that will depend on how evenly light is distributed inside the light box/tent. If two will not produce an even distribution of light, you may need more lights.

In the photos of light boxes that I have seen, there is usually one on each of two opposite sides. (One on the left, and one on the right) If the diffusing material (tracing paper) diffuses and reflects light all around inside the box, then two should suffice.

How to Create an Inexpensive Photography Lightbox

How To Build A PVC DIY Photo Light Box - DIY Photography

How to Use a Light Tent for Small Product Photography

Most reactions

Back