Help with logo

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally decided to make a watermark/logo to put onto my photography. Problem I am facing is that when i try to add the logo to my pictures in lightroom its a block with the white background. How do I get rid of that so i only have the lettering? i'm attaching the logo i created.

$Untitled-1.jpg

Going pro? :greenpbl:

First of all....What program are you using?

If you are using photoshop, create new document and make sure your background is transparent then save as a PNG file....

Rookie mistake.:hug::

You should create it in a vector graphics program like InkScape, that way you have a clean, scalable to any size graphic, for every purpose, forever and always.

yes. LC...its just something to put on as a watermark. not reall a logo per se

i would get rid of the font that your using for the word photography, it looks a little dated, i would suggest using a cleaner more geometrical font, ie ITC avant guard. i feel like it would add to the more sophisticated look that you are going with with your script and think it would be a great contrast to the script font. just an opinion though

Rasterize it and it's resizable to any size. Don't worry I use PS for watermarks. Sometimes I use Illustrator but I mean PS Does well and it works.... so No need to switch

What will you do when you need to put it on a dark background?

A logo is a logo, and a watermark is a watermark ;) It works on any background.

Warning: The picture has NO interest at all, so if the OP feels offended I'll delete it.

You should create it in a vector graphics program like InkScape, that way you have a clean, scalable to any size graphic, for every purpose, forever and always.

This.
Photoshop has some vector graphic functions, so a vector watermark/logo can be made - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-eva...gos-for-watermarks-and-overlays-in-photoshop/

If your doing a more complex, or sophisticated logo/watermark, its better to use a vector dedicated program like Adobe Illustrator.

Yes photoshop has vector functions but, the extent in which they have them is pretty weak, and the ammount of control you have over your vector is weak as well (for really sophisticated things)

Additionally photoshop handles text really poorley. Its designed to work with gradients primarily, and when you try to render text out of photoshop it often looks fuzzy or has halo'd edges. Again, adobe illustrator, or indesign, don't have these issues.

If your making something simple photoshop will work just fine and, your logo may turn out wonderfully, I just prefer to work in a vector based program :thumbup:

Rasterize it and it's resizable to any size. Don't worry I use PS for watermarks. Sometimes I use Illustrator but I mean PS Does well and it works.... so No need to switch

The opposite. Rasterizing a vector is converting it from a vector mask, to pixels and dots. You can resize those pixels and dots within reason, but even if you designed your logo at 2000x2000 pixels, you could never get something you could use for say a billboard. Make something at 500x500 pixels, then rasterize it, and try to resize it to your screen. Unless your working on a little netbook youll have quiet the pixelated image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back