jwhphoto
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Sep 12, 2008
- Messages
- 40
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Citrus Heights, CA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
im new to this and tried my first shots outside at night tonight. Trying to catch the moon in the clouds through the trees. Please tell me what i may be doing wrong. I was using a shutter speed of about 1.5s to 6 sec, because of the fast moving clouds. i didnt want to go faster. i bumped my iso up to about 500-800 for my shots and they came out pixalated (of course). I could not get enough light with less but i like the look of the trees even so. Also, the picture in Lightroom looks way different than when i exportt it to a jpeg, any idea why?
Ok thanks, please ask if you need more information about what i did.
Thanks!
im new to this and tried my first shots outside at night tonight. Trying to catch the moon in the clouds through the trees. Please tell me what i may be doing wrong. I was using a shutter speed of about 1.5s to 6 sec, because of the fast moving clouds. i didnt want to go faster. i bumped my iso up to about 500-800 for my shots and they came out pixalated (of course). I could not get enough light with less but i like the look of the trees even so. Also, the picture in Lightroom looks way different than when i exportt it to a jpeg, any idea why?
Ok thanks, please ask if you need more information about what i did.
Thanks!
(That's the closest to a peeking smily I could find here.) Anyway, as I just posted on another thread, you can't expose both branches and a crescent (nor half) moon in the same shot. You would have to merge two separate shots later on and in this case, it likely won't look natural.